Nanowrimo Poem 4 If tomorrow starts without me

I'm trying to write a snatch of poetry each day for Nanowrimo. They're unedited so far. Just quick ideas.

This is a poem I wrote to a prompt. The prompt was: if tomorrow starts without me.

If tomorrow starts without me
If tomorrow starts without me,
Will people mind that the flat was in a mess?
That I had hairs in the shower-plug and pots in the sink?
Will they think any less of me because I didn't have time to say goodbye?

An hour later I was in hospital! Oh the irony! PS I’m ok now


And here is a beautiful response from my best friend, Kerry

If I were to wake up and you were not there - response

If I were to wake up and you were not there 

Who would sprinkle the glitter into my life?

Who would provide entertainment from a troop of animals including a dragon who talks to a yoghurt pot and a kitty that has trekked the amazon?

Who would enrich my life with literary magic in a style no one could replace? 

Who would be daft enough to exchange skirts in a cubicle purely for amusement to laugh with an old wise friend?

Who would ponder the meaning of life and spirituality deep into the evenings and put the world to rights? 

This little fairy has plenty of sparkle to shine yet and thankfully is here to light up my life,

And I really don’t care if she does the washing up.


Comments

Popular Posts